Monday, June 29, 2009

Greatest Show Yet!

Ragdoll Physics at the Park Theatre... May 20th, 2009.



I figured that I would have blogged about this when it actually happened... but I wasn't really into the blogging as of yet... so here we go...

Dana, Tayo, and Mark form the group Ragdoll Physics.  (Dana is my older brother... and he is on the drums in this video)

Living in Red opened up for Ragdoll Physics and they definitely put on a great show.  The band, made up of four people in their very early twenties, has sort of a Paramore-esque sound to them, what with their female lead singer whose voice is very similar in nature.  

And then there was Ragdoll Physics.  Their best show yet.  I've always said that they have great 
stage presence but man did they ever put on a good show that night.  Tayo, the lead singer and guitarist, even played piano for the intro of one song and the spotlight was on him for a while.  Ex-bassist from Econoline Crush, Mark was on bass and managed to learn all of the songs within a two to three week period flawlessly.  The video posted above is of one of their latest tunes "Chemical World", unfortunately I did not realize that it was going to be their last song and I was on my way to move into a better recording 
angle when the show ended, so naturally I only got a small portion of the song.


The band definitely left the crowd wanting more, as they did not prepare an encore (who does
 when you're not really famous yet) but people still chanted for upwards of 10 minutes before the crowd started to dissipate. 




Visit their myspace page here.






No comments:

Post a Comment