Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rock on the Range 2009!!!


One word.  RAINY.  Well... there are a few other words I will use to describe it I guess... but that was the main theme of the day/evening.  At least there was no mud.

We arrived at the Stadium at around 3pm... during Pop Evil's set (I wish I could have seen them, they sounded great even from outside the gates.)  We walked in right in time to see Thornley though, who were great.  They would have been even more great if we weren't forced to cover our faces with our hoods to avoid the wind and rain that was blowing all over the place.  Aside from the shitty weather, Thornley played an awesome set, which included a lot of Big Wreck tunes... which I love and they had great stage presence.

Then we moved over to the second stage to watch Hollywood Undead... who for lack of a better word, stunk.  There were 6 guys in masks rapping... you do the math to figure out how much this sucked.  We definitely wanted our 25 minutes back.

The highlights of the evening for me were: Thornley, Shinedown, Inward Eye, Rise Against, and of course, Billy Talent.  As the last act of the evening, and the headliner, Billy Talent put on an awesome show and made the crowd forget that they were drenched and freezing.  Of course, by that time the rain had subsided, so it was a lot easier to enjoy.  They mixed it up by playing songs from all three albums including a very appropriate "Rusted from the Rain" tune in the set list... and I believe they were by far everyone's favourite band of the event.

All in all, it would have been nice to have some sun, but we still had a great time!  (Minus the bathroom break we took where someone was being dragged out of there because they had puked all over one of the stalls... that wasn't so pretty.)

SO, I wish I could say that I had a few pictures to post for you guys... but unfortunately I did not bring my camera to the 8-hour concert (well, 8 hours for us anyways... 10-11 for anyone who showed up at the beginning...)


No comments:

Post a Comment