Friday, November 27, 2009

3 more sleeps...

Hey Everyone!

So... there are only three more days until we get possession of our new house! I can't wait... I've been doing a bit of research trying to find the perfect colours to do in our living room, kitchen, and two upstairs bedrooms but I'm having a bit of trouble picking one...


This is a picture from the listing of our living room... so we've got a huge window to work with... and oak parquet flooring... our couches are green but more of a blueish green than the one in this picture (this was the old owners living room). Don't worry, I will be taking before and after pictures as we renovate and making sure that I discuss what we're doing step by step as we go along.

Now, what I'm thinking is that I'm going to do the wall behind the couch and the wall with the window in a creamy beige colour and then add aubergine accent walls (Yes, two accent walls as well). The one wall that separates the kitchen from the living room I will want aubergine, and then the entranceway wall that leads downstairs as well could be aubergine or maybe even a darker grey colour... I'm still working through that in my head. I'm going to go in there on Monday and then while my boyfriend and his parents are cleaning and patching, sanding and etc. I will head over to Home Depot and pick us up some paint! I can't wait to see the transformation!!

I might even take a video!

Oh yeah, look for future posts about me entering a contest that I need your help with!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment