Friday, September 18, 2009

Keane at the Burton Cummings Theatre

Keane Concert September 16th, 2009!!Image found at: http://artists.letssingit.com/keane-5sd7l/pictures/294573/1
Hello All,
As you know from my last post, my sister and I decided to buy tickets to see Keane at the Burton Cumming Theatre this past Wednesday. WOW is all I can say. We arrived promptly at 7:30 only to realize that we had missed the first band (Lindi Ortega?) and Lights was on stage.
Lights opened up the show (for us) with an amazing set. She was electric and put on a great show. She played about 7 or 8 songs which is great for an opening band and actually had a lightshow prepared as well which made it all the more interesting. Seeing her live actually made me want to purchase her CD or some merchandise in order to show my support. She also was hanging out with fans after the show in the lobby area and by the merchandise tables.
KEANE!!! They put on an amazing show and kept the audience entertained the entire time! With hits such as "Last Time" and "Somewhere Only we Know" the band rocked the house. They also kept the crowd involved with some witty banter in between songs. I thouroughly enjoyed the band, and am going to see them the next time they are in town, whenever that may be.
Just a side note: as with the Franz Ferdinand Concert, we ended up sitting only one row behind one of my close friends... so weird how coincidences happen.
I took a couple pictures at the show, but they didn't turn out so well, so I didn't bother posting them.
Honourable Mention: Keane did a cover of "Under Pressure" by Queen and it was AMAZING!! It's funny, because throughout the show my sister and I had commented that he sounded like the lead singer from Queen. SO GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment