Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 4!!

I think today might have been the best of all so far... I was pretty hungry this evening, but I had a few points left in order to grab a snack.  Long story short, after supper I was only at 19 pts... so after eating some popcorn with spicy sauce (yeah that's right lol) and a piece of cheese... I finished the day off at 22 pts.  1 pt under my allowed amount!!  I'm starving now, but I will be good in the morning.. plus, I think I might just need to drink a little bit of water.  I might just be thirsty... I didn't drink very much today.

So... we went in for the pre-approval for a mortgage... and surprise surprise... my credit score (Scotiabank Internal Scoring System) was an A, and the bf's was a C.  So, naturally, there is some skepticism as to whether or not we will be approved for the amount of $289,000.  That is what we could possibly be approved for according to our application... we'll only need $200,000 for this first house though... maybe a bit less... I want to buy somewhere in the range of $150,000 to $175,000 but the mortgage payments on a $200,000 are definitely doable.  They figured it out for us, with all the extra taxes and fees, it would work out to around $1,085 a month... and for two of us, that's only like $550 each... plus all of our bills and a little extra to save up... definitely doable right now... and when he starts making a bit more money, then it will be excellent!

I'm very excited at the possibility of having my own place and I cannot wait to throw the housewarming party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment